Tuesday, August 13, 2013

wildwood

We went to Wildwood on Saturday with my parents and Sam and Nathaniel and his family. We walked about 3 miles on a trail around the lake where all the American lotus is blooming. 



Rory playing in the creek.


Gage dancing in the creek.


Cousin Clara playing in the creek.


Piper crying because I told her she would get wet and muddy if she went in the creek. It seems just thinking about it is as bad as actually being wet and muddy.



Crosby watching and wishing he could play in the creek.

my dad with Piper, Gage, my brother Sam, Rory, my brother Nathaniel, my nephew Blake and Randy the dog

Looking for snapping turtles in the big drainy thingy. (I don't actually know what it is.)

my dad with Piper, Gage, my sister in law Johnelle holding my niece Clara, Rory, my brother Nathaniel, my nephew Blake, my brother Sam and Randy the dog


Piper taking a backwards ride.


Water snake.


A butterfly.


Some turtles.


American lotus. The yellow flowers are lotus. I'm not sure why I didn't take a better picture. There are tons of them all over the lake. These ones are kind of difficult to see well because they were facing the sun on the other side of the lake.


Gage trying to see the lake through binoculars that he's too short for.


Piper and Clara learning about recycling in the nature center.


There is a big tree in the nature center with tunnels under it for kids to crawl through and look into (fake) animal nests. This is Piper, Rory and Clara looking out a window under the tree.


And one more of Crosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment